• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

I have found the anvil, and hammer for a drop hammer

Or you could buy the one I built...it needs a little more work to get the cadence up to speed...
The hammer weight, at the time I built the machine...might have been one of the heavier spec in north america...
I was searching DIY power hammer builds for ideas...and most of the hammers weighed anywhere from 25 to 50 some odd lbs...probably just due to what builders were able to source out...luck is with me, that I have a job with a large truck shop...so we have a lot of heavy material for fabrication in the yard...
I weighed the parts before final assembly of my creation...the hammer itself is almost 90. With the anvil, main tower, platform and hardware, it's close to 800 lbs.
now, where we live...the Mrs doesn't want me running it...one because it hits hard enough to rattle the dishes in the house...and two...its "music" is akin to a dozen dwarvish smiths all working at away at once...we have nice neighbors...she doesn't want me pissing anyone off :p

Back