• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Husky Lathe

Bradells

(BRad)
Well it doesn't have a base ... so that's a plus to fit it into the back of my mini SUV right? :p

With how much I've spent at the machine shop with projects that I can't do on my machine these past 3 months ... I probably could have cleaned this guy up by now!

Brad

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
If I had room it would be worth getting just to flip. It'll be a good starter lathe for someone. The price is definitely right.

Bradells

(BRad)
Im down a bad rabbit hole now ... just sent off a PM of very basic questions (condition/power/size/weight) to see if it is even worth my while .... I am passing through that area in 2 weeks ...... dangit!

But I really need a mill first .... then a bigger lathe ...

Brad

Last edited:

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I would be surprised if it lasted thru the weekend.
The base looks to be made of concrete blocks

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Well, it is on cynderblocks .... I wouldn't necessarily bring those back if I didn't have the room ....

or Base != Stand .....

Brad

Ahhh, your right. It is sitting on cynderblocks. That's kind of a deceiving image at first glance.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Its not worth a drive from Calgary as by the time you get there it would be sold already and gone. It is probably gone right now. It is worth at least 2x what he is asking - maybe even more. Note it has QCTP with 2 sets of holders and some other tooling - that is probably worth few hundred $$$.

What I did NOTICE is that he has only 1 picture and has been on kijiji only... 3 days.

I would not be shocked if someone got it, cleaned it up a bit, made more pictures, bought a sturdy table at auction as a stand for it and listed it for $2000.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
3 Days???? I read the ad as only posted a few hours ago. I agree it would be a fairly easy flip.

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I’ve been thinking about telling my son in Surrey about it. I don’t think he could store it in his condo for me though.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Ad is gone so I presume it sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk