• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Howdy from Calgary

Happerstein

Hap in Calgary
Thanx for the acceptance. I retired from Engineering some 5 years ago, and now I, like others, can't figure out how I found the time to work. I've been whittling metal for about 60 years, and have directed the construction of MCI buses, Foremost industrial ATVs, gasfield compressors, linepipe, artificial diamond manufacturing facility, oil & gas facilities. Now I am smoothing sheet metal for old Fords.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Thanx for the acceptance. I retired from Engineering some 5 years ago, and now I, like others, can't figure out how I found the time to work. I've been whittling metal for about 60 years, and have directed the construction of MCI buses, Foremost industrial ATVs, gasfield compressors, linepipe, artificial diamond manufacturing facility, oil & gas facilities. Now I am smoothing sheet metal for old Fords.
welcome.

when do we all go into the diamond business?

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Welcome from Kitchener, Ontario.

I apprenticed as a machinist in the 1980s working on knee style vertical mills, surface grinders while making cutter heads and carbide cartridges. When the recession hit and we were laid off.

I went back to school for Machinery Design and spent co-op work-terms at Kellogg’s Engineering in London.
Following the completion of Project 2000, I was recruited by a company in the farmland North of London and designed some patented machinery for a corrugated pipe company (Big O Pipe).
Big O had plants and warehouses across Canada, there was a sales yard in Taber, Alberta.
Technology transfers from Norway, MRPII / PLM software implementations and more capital machinery projects were managed for a fabrication firm and SIHI Vacuum Systems.

Now, I work PT for an automotive and industrial machinery company in Cambridge and HQ is Woodstock where the company has a parts warehouse and a machine shop that turns and grinds rolls for virtually every flour mill in Canada.

Variety of work is good !!
I have been in metalwork, food processing, plastic extrusion, Flare Gas Recovery Skids for oil refinery operations and . . . now supply chain for automotive restoration & finishing.