• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Howdy from Calgary South

Jimbojones

Met up with a number of the members last weekend; lots of interesting talk and projects so I decided to join the forum.

Obviously metalwork is a hobby of mine; also do some stuff in plastics and wood...justifies buying tools and everyone needs to build a business case, right?

Hate seeing things poorly made/throw-away so I enjoy making parts to reinforce or repair things. Sometimes it's nothing more than making a tool holder or jig for some other (eventual) project.

I'm in to motorsports; includes motorcycling and my little white JDM car (love talking about it so if you don't want to know...dont ask). Find that I occassionally have to make parts for them since they're not readily available/what made doesn't suit my need/outrageously expensive to buy. Gives me a sense a pride to conjure up something from scratch and others that appreciate that effort/attention make it even more enjoyable so let's make some chips!