• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

How do you store your collets?

John Conroy

Premium Member
I've been storing my R8 and 5C collets as well as my commonly used R8 tools on a wood rack screwed to the back of a tool box. Today I added another rack for the ER40 stuff I just got. The only complaint I have about this storage method is everything gets covered in dust. The tools are easy to access and when I select a tool from the rack I give it a squirt of brake cleaner and blow it off with compressed air to remove dirt and oil before inserting it. I would be interested to see how others store these tools.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Hey John, a small sheet of clear plastic fastened at the top and trailing down on each rack would help reduce dust collection plus allow you to see items held in the racks. Just saying!

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
My collets sit on a cart directly below and between my drill press and milling machine so get alot of swarf thrown their way, plus I kick up alot of dust in my shop. I didn't have them uncovered for long before I realized I needed to do something. An old towel stapled to the back of the collet holder fixed the issue, not fancy but it works. 20211013_192953.jpg 20211013_192943.jpg