• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hi New member from Quebec

rosco

Thanks for accepting me, I know nothing about metal lathes but have lots of time to learn, would like to find a old English Myford.

francist

Super User
Myfords are nice compact machines with a good reputation. I wouldn’t mind owning one either and there have been a couple come up in Victoria over the last few years but pretty pricey. One was especially nice — the owner (one owner machine) was a Myford rep here in town and bought one for his retirement down the road. Well, his road diverged a bit and he never even uncrated it so 40 years later it listed in mint condition, never even been run.

Good luck in your search, they are out there.

-frank