• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hi from Eastern Ontario

Cormad

Hey all,

Just took my first Blacksmithing course and now the fun begins. My summer project is to build a forge/weld shop out of a seacan that is right beside my garage. Can't burn that down...lol. HVAC mechanic by trade but has been awhile since "hands on".

Just purchased a coal firepot for $350. Next purchases; welder, anvil, belt grinder...and it does on and on :) (649).

I also plan to build a propane forge out of a woodstove and DIY tempering oven. All in is the only method I know...lol. Good thing my wife loves me.

MY door is always open.

trlvn

Ultra Member
Welcome from Oakville! My buddy has a small coal forge that I've played at a couple of times. Lots of fun even if I have zero talent or skill.

Where did you find a blacksmithing course?

Craig