Hi - Abbotsford BC

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Welcome from Ontario. Congrats on the retirement.

This has got to be the only profession out there that when people retire, they spend their time doing the same thing, just on stuff they want to build instead. We're a sick bunch lol.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Another welcome from Ontario. This time from corn country.

I retired 15 years ago from industry and took up farming to keep me fit. I'm mid 70s now. I wish I could have retired 25 years ago. Time is not our friend.

But I'm have a blast enjoying every single minute. Even our worst moments are moments others would love to have.

Looking forward to your contributions and ideas.

You have landed on a good spot by joining here.

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
Current projects include a mini Blanchard grinder for a Bridgeport mill and I'm developing a gear hobbing machine for gears up to M1 and 120T. If anyone has experience with hobbing small gears, including helical and spiral bevel, I'd love to hear from you !

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Current projects include a mini Blanchard grinder for a Bridgeport mill and I'm developing a gear hobbing machine for gears up to M1 and 120T. If anyone has experience with hobbing small gears, including helical and spiral bevel, I'd love to hear from you !
What kind of CNC are you running?

Tecnico

(Dave)
East coast/NS checking in, welcome Don!

I think we're going to enjoy hearing about the projects you mentioned and more. Maybe some of your 40 years experience will rub off on those of us that are more hobby than pro.

D:cool: