Hey Guys! New to this group, Is anyone into Power hammers, pullmax's for sheetmetal?

Tecnico

(Dave)
Welcome aboard from the east coast (NS).

Do tell more about your sheet metal work, I’m always interested in learning more ways to make sheet metal do my bidding. Photos?

There are a few car guys here with projects in the hopper. I’m not sure if he would call it a hot rod but @140mower has a custom project of his own underway right now in his one of a kind garage….in between herding unruly puppies. ;)

D :cool:

I started building my own Pullmax a few years ago, but never finished. I have most of the head completed.

I am into the auto hobby. Finished a 67 dart and slowly working on a model A

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Welcome. Not done much sheet metal work. Just rust repairs a few times, but I've always wanted to get in way over my head on a truck restoration, and have to learn and build my way out.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hey welcome, nice to have a tinbasher (or wanna-be) aboard. I like to fiddle with sheet metal (mostly galvanized) but only have rudimentary skills and equipment. No automotive body work experience whatsoever.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from Ontario. I spent 34 years designing almost all aspects of vehicles. Other than corrosion, paint, and spot welding, sheet metal wasn't one of them. After so many years working on cars and trucks, I have no interest in doing it as a hobby. Tractors, machinery, and grandkids are WAAAAY more interesting.

Another member who might be able to help is @Brent H who is restoring a car for his wife - or so he says.........

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Welcome from Victoria. I have a 3:1 sheet metal tool. Also a corner punch. And from KMS, although never used, a bead roller. On the project #42 list is a computer controlled back fence so the 3:1 tool is easier to use. And I've wanted to add XY positioning for my 3Ton arbor press so I can do programmed punching.

That's if for my sheet metal stuff. Other than a gas welding night class at NAIT.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I’ve made a planishing hammer that seems to work quite good but haven’t really tested it. I gave it a home made anvil for testing but I’d like to find the dimensions for off the shelf sale compatibility.

I’ve made a planishing hammer that seems to work quite good but haven’t really tested it. I gave it a home made anvil for testing but I’d like to find the dimensions for off the shelf sale compatibility.
Ummmm. You know the rules, pictures or this thing doesn't exist. :rolleyes: (want to make one myself sooner than later)....

wmetfab

Hello Tinn,
I used to have a Stryker 165# forging hammer. Complete blacksmith area. 24x24 12 burner forge 120#Peter Wright anvil 80t press 20 sets tongs and more. Sold it all.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Here it is although I’m going to have to take some emery to it .
with the three O rings the top two are for air on and the bottom is for air off depending on where it is in the body it slides in and a spring keeps it up in the off position I found a starter solenoid spring works good.
IMG_1294.jpeg
i
It uses a threaded cap to seal it and won’t work without the plug in the bore all vent holes were done eyeballing it in the drill press The anvil is held in place by the O ring and slides into the bore that is machined so it can slide.
It may seem a little rough but it was just a prototype after looking at many on the web I never pursued it further due to a falling out with someone I threw in with.
IMG_1295.jpeg