• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello !

Titusak

Hi !

Hello from Montreal !
I lost my job few months ago, and started picking metal working as a hobby. AND I LIKE IT !
I don't have much experience as I learn along my projects, right now it's mostly cutting, drilling and welding.
I would like to pick up a lathe to get some fun, even if room space is an issue for me. But it would be quite an upgrade !

See you soon !

Welcome from Lillooet BC. Lots of help from a great group of people here. Looking forward to some pictures of what you are up to in the shop.

Welcome from Lillooet BC. Lots of help from a great group of people here. Looking forward to some pictures of what you are up to in the shop.
Thank you !
Right now, it would be more about how to re-organise my shop so I can fit everything without touching my wife stuff :p

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your job loss. Having extra time is a great thing when you do hobby metal work but so is having extra money. Hope you are able to find a balance of both.

I thought I lost my job for a while there too, but then I left the house and there it was, right where I left it. :rolleyes:
It seems that I really need to get out more. :p

Welcome from SW Ontario.

Sorry about your job. But I don't think you will have trouble finding another one. Anyone who enjoys metalworking is handy enough to do almost anything.

Back