• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello my name is Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
I am a retire mechanic from City of Gatineau my job was repairing and maintenance on Police car for 30 year. I am new to machinist .I have a Craftex milling and a Ultilathe Modern metal lathe. I do Paramotor and build my trike. I had just finish to install a Rotax aircraft gear box on a Bombardier 900 ACE lot 's a work. My english is not perfect but I alway's do muy best. My intention is to learn and help if i can. Thank You Marc Moreau

John Conroy

Premium Member
Hi Marc, welcome to the forum. I am a retired automotive mechanic also. I spend a lot of my time restoring old motorcycles. After you make a few more posts here you will be able to post some picture of your projects.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Hi Marc. Just before a retired a few years ago I travelled a bunch of times to Gatineau to attend CRTC meetings on the riverbank. We got to explore your town quite a bit. Really nice place. Learned the hard way you're NOT supposed to take a Ottawa cab from there back across the river though. The cabbies get really mad. Lesson learned.

Welcome aboard from Calgary.

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
Hi Marc! Bonjour et bienvenue!

What model is your Utilathe?
Merci Brent je vois que tu parle français si jamais je ne comprend pas comment fonctionne le site. Vas tu pouvoir m'aider dans la mesure du possible ? Merci
Hi Marc. Just before a retired a few years ago I travelled a bunch of times to Gatineau to attend CRTC meetings on the riverbank. We got to explore your town quite a bit. Really nice place. Learned the hard way you're NOT supposed to take a Ottawa cab from there back across the river though. The cabbies get really mad. Lesson learned.

Welcome aboard from Calgary.
Yes they don't like cab from Ottawa to Gatineau how could we know . This is not your mistake it just make you feel bad .

Brent H

Ultra Member
Salut Marc, je parle un peu français - je t'aiderai si possible!

I use the 30W non-Detergent oil. lightly apply as the machine is running so it is not flung all over

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Hey Marc,

How about posting an image of that flying machine you're working on?

Cheers,

Craig

Brent H

Ultra Member
Hi Marc,

here is the pulley information:

9244577F-D327-449D-91CE-AB7C62205BE1.jpeg
Top pulley diameter written on the pulleys

bottom (motor pulley) dimensions:

00DEB353-D0BD-4446-B265-29291B2B46D5.jpeg
BFFEF707-798A-4CE0-8439-9E6F59D309F1.jpeg
The belt for the 10 inch:

B56E9512-CF1E-4FD5-84CE-14785AE38038.jpeg
The 12 inch lathe(yours) the belt should be longer - I think a B36 (5L360). I will check.
See in my first picture how the belt rides in the upper pulley. This is to make easier switch to Lower pulley.