• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Hello from Wasaga Beach , Ontario

Payner

Premium Member
Just wanted to say hello , new to this site . Spend most of my time refurbishing my machines and building attachments .
Bill

trlvn

Ultra Member
Welcome from Oakville.

Tell us a little about the machines you've refurbed! We like pictures!

Craig

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay!

Born, raised, and educated in the greater Hamilton area of Stoney Creek.

darrin1200

Darrin
Welcome from Lyn,ON Bill.
I used to live in Wasaga, a little over 10 years ago before I retired from the army. We lived on 40th St S.

Payner

Premium Member
Welcome from Oakville.

Tell us a little about the machines you've refurbed! We like pictures!

This is a project that I'm still working on .
Appears to be a Craftex CX603 ( current model ) , there is no name on it just a serial number stamped under the table and a decal under the belt cover indicating spindle speeds .
I don't know any history on the machine as I bought it from a school board auction, apparently it went thru one auction and wasn't purchased so I picked it up for scrap price .
It had NO electronics with it but it has ball screws on all 3 axis and 3 stepper motors as well as a 1 HP , 90 volt DC motor for the spindle . It appears to have been originally a CNC machine as there is no quill feed or quill lock and the quill lock hole isn't even bored . It is an R8 spindle .
I had a DC drive control so that is now working .
I found an article on the net for making variable speed / reversible controls for the X , Y ,Z axis so they are powered up . I'm not interested in making it CNC but at least the drives are powered .
I use a computer power supply for the electronics and the steppers are powered by 3 separate 30 volt power supplies.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
90 volt power supply and Bijur style oiler .
image.jpeg
Stepper motor controls and pendents.
image.jpeg
Ball screw and stepper motor .
I also have a millrite mill , south bend lathe , converted wood to metal bandsaw and a surface grinder that I'm just starting on .
Bill