Hello from Victoria BC

joefrombc

Hello. Joe from Victoria BC. Nice to meet you all.

Mainly a wood worker, but have started getting into metal working to make my own chisels and plane blades. Financially unhealthy relationship with Lee Valley. They know who I am when I walk through the door and try to pass me off to the new guy, either for hazing purposes or they are just tired of my ****. More ambition than skill, but I have enough tools to pretend I know what I'm doing. Discovered that touching red hot metal from the forge doesn't hurt right away and that metal splinters hurt WAY more than wood splinters.

I'll thank everyone in advance for their patience.

Mainly a wood worker, but have started getting into metal working to make my own chisels and plane blades. Financially unhealthy relationship with Lee Valley. They know who I am when I walk through the door and try to pass me off to the new guy, either for hazing purposes or they are just tired of my ****. More ambition than skill, but I have enough tools to pretend I know what I'm doing. Discovered that touching red hot metal from the forge doesn't hurt right away and that metal splinters hurt WAY more than wood splinters.

Welcome from Lillooet BC.... Lots of good help within the members here.. Quite a few in your neck of the woods as well......

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome from upisland - Campbell River.

There are a lot of great guys here - and Don is right, there are some awesome folks in the Victoria area.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member

Welcome aboard from Victoria!
Tell us about your project ideas :)

joefrombc

Welcome from the mighty metropolis of Sooke.

We must have enough people out here now to have a barn raising, @David_R8 might need some extra hands soon. lol
I love Sooke. Always worth the drive. Almost bought a house out there but was working in Sidney at the time. The daily drive would have been soul crushing.

jorogi

Luckily I'm in East (or Upper) Sooke, so I turn off before I bump into the ass end of the crawl. A coworker who lives in Sooke proper spends 20 to 30 minutes longer to get home.

John

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from Ontario Farm Country. Gorgeous here right now. Only 20 below.