• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello from Victoria BC

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
I recently bought a used 7x14 lathe - the MicroMark version of the infamous Chinese Mini-Lathe.
For now, I'm mostly trying to accumulate some tooling and materials, and remember the things I learned in a night school machine shop class 40+ years ago.
:)

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
And welcome from the mighty metropolis of Sooke.
What are you planning on building/repairing/tinkering?

VicHobbyGuy

Ultra Member
Thanks for all the welcomes! :)
@YotaBota About projects: I recall I had some projects in mind, but like most minilathe owners, my list now seems to be mostly mods and improvements to the lathe! :)

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome from a fellow Islander (Campbell River) who is in a similar position. Except I also have a million machine!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from Ontario Corn Country but born and raised on Prairie sod.