• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello from Selkirk, MB

Howder1951

Hello from Selkirk MB
I am a retired millwright, hobby machinist, welder etc.
Looking forward to meeting other hobbyists online
I have 12" Asian lathe, basic mill drill, and mig , gig and

Howder1951

This is the first Canadian based group that I have found to date, it will be nice to trade stories about Busybee and Princess auto instead of harbor freight and the likes.
I am a big fan of the videos of doubleboost , Abom79,Tom Lipton and the likes.
Has anyone gone to the model engineering expo at Estevan SK in October, believe me it is great!

Attachments

• road king.png
    road king.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 2

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome from Vancouver Island. You will appreciate this site as compared to the US ones. (at least the ones I have visited). Less condemnation for work that doesn't impress retired NASA engineers.

Never been to Estevan, but live in Portage la Prairie, and went to Austin Thresherman days a couple times. A few model engines and the like, but mostly the real thing. Pretty awesome! I would highly recommend if they are running again this summer.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome from SK. Been meaning to take in the Estevan expo but life always seems to interfere.