• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Hello from Rusagonis, NewBrunswick

Thanks for accepting me into the group.

I'm an engineering technician who does a lot of machining and 3d printing at work for prototyping, and now have a garage that's big enough to set up a workshop.

It will take a while to find the right section, but help on buying my first machines , both mill and lathe would be appreciated.

If anyone needs helping on building or working on 3d printers, I would be happy to lend a hand....I've built 8 so far and run one at work.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Thanks for accepting me into the group.

I'm an engineering technician who does a lot of machining and 3d printing at work for prototyping, and now have a garage that's big enough to set up a workshop.

It will take a while to find the right section, but help on buying my first machines , both mill and lathe would be appreciated.

If anyone needs helping on building or working on 3d printers, I would be happy to lend a hand....I've built 8 so far and run one at work.

welcome

When prototyping machining do you prefer using manual or cnc gear? Do you end up making things over and over with small revisions? What do people pay? Is it for companies or individuals?

I am using manual gear at the time, and I actually enjoy it quite a bit.!! Would love for the company to get a small CNC center.

Right now, because I do all of the modelling, analysis, and interference detection on SOLIDWORKS, I am limited to making parts after I have gotten a design approved by the lead engineer/project manager.

Because I work within a company....it's just my regular paycheck at the time....no extra pay, but some nice benefits for having access to the machines and leftover materials on occasion.

welcome

When prototyping machining do you prefer using manual or cnc gear? Do you end up making things over and over with small revisions? What do people pay? Is it for companies or individuals?