Hello from NW Calgary

Duncan K

Hello everyone, new member from Calgary.

I am a total newbie when it comes to machining. I am into welding and fabrication as a hobby. Basically just like making things with metal. Also into old trucks, currently doing a frame off restoration on a 1966 GMC. I picked up a small Southbend 9" lathe and restored it a few years ago. started learning on that. Then I came across a big Canadian made 18' McDougall lathe that I bought as a project. Recently picked up a Bridgeport mill. Having a good time learning all these new skills. Seems like a really good group here, looking forward to learning from all you guys.

Duncan

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Hello everyone, new member from Calgary.

I am a total newbie when it comes to machining. I am into welding and fabrication as a hobby. Basically just like making things with metal. Also into old trucks, currently doing a frame off restoration on a 1966 GMC. I picked up a small Southbend 9" lathe and restored it a few years ago. started learning on that. Then I came across a big Canadian made 18' McDougall lathe that I bought as a project. Recently picked up a Bridgeport mill. Having a good time learning all these new skills. Seems like a really good group here, looking forward to learning from all you guys.

Duncan
I'm the same as you Duncan, and I am in Tuscany. I have some machining skills, but I'm more into fabrication, welding, ironworkers, metal art, etc.

Welcome aboard the forum.

Crosche

Super User
Greetings Duncan,

Welcome aboard. There are lots of great people and info on the forum.
Much like yourself, I am in the NW as well and I'm fairly new to machining and currently trying to get a handle on cnc milling. I also dabble with blacksmithing / knife making.

Cheers,
Chad