Hello from Maple Ridge!

evand

Evan D
Hi All,

I’m a Software Engineer who used to do blacksmithing throughout my childhood…. I’ve got 3d printers at home and access to a 5 axis CNC at my work’s hobby space so I’ve dabbled with that for a few years.

Just recently got a mini lathe for home and really enjoying it. The projects I work on are all small so the mini lathe is enough for me now! I’m hooked enough though that I imagine I will be slowly expanding out with larger and more diverse equipment.

Not sure what else to say!

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Welcome from Richmond! You will find it’s possible to spend as much time on this forum as actually working in your shop.

Proxule

Ultra Member
Hi All,

I’m a Software Engineer who used to do blacksmithing throughout my childhood…. I’ve got 3d printers at home and access to a 5 axis CNC at my work’s hobby space so I’ve dabbled with that for a few years.

Just recently got a mini lathe for home and really enjoying it. The projects I work on are all small so the mini lathe is enough for me now! I’m hooked enough though that I imagine I will be slowly expanding out with larger and more diverse equipment.

Not sure what else to say!
Welcome aboard.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from Ontario!

My work is my farm since I retired. So I can say my work has a hobby shop too! But no CNC.

Hope you enjoy the forum. Lots of cool guys here!

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
Welcome aboard! One of the few things I miss from my two years in California working for Google was the workshops. I mostly used the woodshop then, but the lathes and milling machine setups were just astounding. And of course we were forbidden from doing anything work related there.
Google has really lost the plot since. I don't know if they still run these garages.