• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hello from Keswick, Ontario

trlvn

Ultra Member
Welcome from Oakville. The list in your signature suggests your equipment is a bit bigger than a lot of hobby users have. What sort of machining do you do?

Craig

thestelster

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome from Oakville. The list in your signature suggests your equipment is a bit bigger than a lot of hobby users have. What sort of machining do you do?

Craig
Hi Craig, I'm a gunsmith. And the lathe is larger than I need 95% of the time, but when I bought it 32 years ago, I really didn't know what I needed. In fact, I didn't even know how to use it at the time. Though the length does come in handy at times. The biggest pain is when I have to put on the 4 jaw, which is a 14" Pratt Burnerd, and I have to dead lift it from the ground up to the bed of the lathe.