Hello from Blackburn hamlet, Ontario

fixerup

Super User
Greeting everyone,
I am happy to have found this forum. So far I have surfed the forum and saw many interesting post, which motivates me using my machines. I have a small hobby shop were I like to spend time diagnosing, finding or making parts for almost anything used in the kitchen, garden farm, motorcycle, bicycle.......
I am amazed at what I have been able repair and divert from going to the landfill. Sometimes all it takes is a small weld or repair a stripped out bolt or turn a sleeve on the lathe to slip over a broken tube to reinforce it or replace a bad bearing and race using the hydraulic press or .....
I can't imagine how boring my life would be without my tools.
I am looking forward to learn and hopefully contribute to the forum

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Welcome, there are lots of innovative types in this group.
We all like to share and learn.
I just spent the morning modifying a mill cross slide lead-screw. I must have left too much build up of chips at the extremes of my ‘Y’ axis and the retainer jammed on me.
Just took out the M16x1.5 lead-screw and milled a couple of wrench flats on the end.
Torque is a wonderful thing if used properly.

darrin1200

Darrin
Welcome aboard. I’m just south of you, but I drive by Blackburn Hamlet often on my way to see family in Orleans.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome from Greely, I am always on the look out for metal for projects as well amazing what gets thrown out.
The forum is great for learning and seeing what everyone is doing.

Gordie

... and welcome. from Stittsville. We. raised. our. daughter in. Blackburn. Liked it a lot and our dog loved. the. trails.