Harrison M300 13x30 - 11k Coldstream BC

Upnorth

I have the 13x40 version of this. I paid a lot less than the asking price on this one. Mine was not as new looking and missing the compound rest. By the time I found a suitable, but not exact match compound rest I probably had about $5k into it. Price also includes tooling and a NOS 3 jaw TOS chuck in my case.

It's a good machine but parts for it from the 600 group are crazy expensive. At least parts are available though.

justin1

Super User
That's a rarity that they still make parts for older hobbyist sized machines or light duty maintenance machines. Kinda wish after companies stopped producing parts or discontinued equipment that they would release drawings for all the components. Would make restoration easier
I have the 13x40 version of this.

Upnorth

That's a rarity that they still make parts for older hobbyist sized machines or light duty maintenance machines. Kinda wish after companies stopped producing parts or discontinued equipment that they would release drawings for all the components. Would make restoration easier
As of a year or 2 ago this machine is still in production. I think it still is. Mine was made in England but I think the new ones are made in China. Prices for a new one are astronomically high.

justin1

Super User
As of a year or 2 ago this machine is still in production. I think it still is. Mine was made in England but I think the new ones are made in China. Prices for a new one are astronomically high.
Makes sense that they would still carry parts for them then and I think think anything domestic or has assembled in USA or Canada on it would be cheap.

I cant see this particular lathe being much older then 10 years. So would lean towards being chinese or Taiwanese
Any idea how old this one is? Would it have been made in England or China?

justin1

Super User
I think think anything domestic or has assembled in USA or Canada on it would be cheap.
Oops meant wouldn't be cheap didn't catch it in time to edit it. Nothing is cheap in Canada anymore and especially domestic made products.

Seabee

At $11k, there are some interesting alternatives. Bell Machinery in Vancouver appears to sell a Taiwanese 14x40 for $10k.