• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone !!

Brent H

Ultra Member
Just saying a big Happy Thanksgiving to all you folks out there and hope the next year is amazing - lots of guys on here are recovering (successfully!!!) from various ailments an I am thankful they are contributing and still active on the site. Everyone take care and enjoy the festus!!!

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Thankful things, in no particular order:

Denise and I love each other, and make each other laugh

I have wonderful siblings (and their spouses), sons, stepdaughters (and their spouses), grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and a very tolerant daughter-in-law

I live in a nice house in a beautiful location

My generation and our children have never been asked, or been expected, to go to war

I make a good wage, and have been diligent and prudent (hopefully) in saving for retirement

For 45+ years, I have never been out of work except by my choice (three weeks in 1981)

I have very few unmet wants, and no unmet needs

The few times I have needed to be hospitalized, I emerged with both my body repaired and my mortgage unscathed

I can be at a dinner table with my ex-wife and be comfortable that while we may not love each other, we tolerate each other and can say " do you remember when" and only talk about the good times

I have almost as much stuff as I want

My mind is kept active with endeavours that I generally enjoy

I'm sure there's more, but I have much to do today

Your turn…

BMW Rider

Super User
We had our family turkey dinner Saturday out in the "dining hall". More room to spread out even though there were only eight of us.

PXL_20211009_195137417-1.jpg

@whydontu "Your turn…"

"Rules for happiness; something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for." Imannuel Kant

I believe I have all three and this great forum with all the great people here. Best wishes to you all!

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
“Thanksgiving on the road”. This is the view from my hotel room. Sydney, NS.

76A6BD20-62F4-42A3-B243-2D3FC3299374.jpeg

Visited the Miners Museum in Glace Bay earlier today. Actual building was closed of course, but outside was open.
D4D0E362-6C16-4CDC-9F2A-7FB35611229A.jpeg

09C0ED7A-A7E9-4FCF-A9B6-587DDC7EF7C1.jpeg

219CC2FD-521D-4A4C-831F-2C692CD078B6.jpeg

Came across these plaques:
6DE2DCF8-8F82-4712-BFBF-EB9220DF6D2D.jpeg

B3592FD9-D379-424B-9F67-E84F567CC3C4.jpeg

There is/was always a place where things are/were worse. Even with all the stuff that is going on, we are doing well as a family. I am thankful for that.