• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Happy Father's Day Redux

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Pretty good Father’s Day so far:
> Slept in till 11:30
> Cruise Director, puppy, and I walked over to the farmers market and bought some local honey, local veggies
> Talked to #1 Son
> Went down to my shop:
figured out the settings to laser engrave dark granite
made a new spoil board and engraved it with a layout grid
learned some more g-code commands
figured out how to scale and locate text and graphics in Lightburn software
sorted out the 3-line Old English font tiles for my pantograph engraver and used them to make a new label for the tile case
sorted out a milling table clamping kit and made up a new case for them
played fetch with the puppy

Top that! And it not even 6:00 PM yet!

Ironman

Ultra Member
I recently coated the lower door and side panels of my truck with Herculiner bed liner to protect against rock chips. My full length home made running boards were still off til yesterday so they got installed. Then I got out a flap wheel and started re-contouring the foam on a Honda Foreman seat I am repairing and recovering. Sun, rain, and wind slowed me down.
One daughter in law emailed early, and two daughters eventually called to say HFD. One son called, the other two - nope.
I tend to think the stores keep Fathers Day alive. I'm not comfortable with it much. I was just doing my duty, and what was expected of me, don't need a medal, I'm not a fruit, don't need a flag.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
Happy Fathers day dads. My youngest just turned double digits. Best fathers day gift ever. Seems like yesterday.

I got to spend a couple hours out in the smithy forging a railing support for my SIL before heading there for a fathers day dinner with the Wifes Fam. Once there I was informed that she now wants to go a different direction with the railing....Yaaaaay. At least forging it out was fun :D.