• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Handlebar risers build.

toglhot

just a Backyard Butcher.
I decided on flat, drag bars on risers for the bike, so bought a set of drag bars and looked around for some risers. Couldn't find any I liked, so I made my own. I started off with two slabs of 25mm aluminium, chucked them in the four jaw and turned them to the shape I wanted, then turned them around and drilled and tapped for 10mm mounting bolts. I then drilled a 7/8" hole for the bars, drilled and tapped 8mm holes either side for clamping bolts, then mounted them on a vertical slide on the lathe, mounted a .8mm slit saw in the chuck and cut through to remove the caps. The caps were then counterbored a little for stainless Allen head clamping bolts and I also spun up four 3mm thick aluminium mounting washers.
Quite happy with the results!

Attachments

• risers assembled.jpg
    risers assembled.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 7 (1).jpg
    7 (1).jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 12
  • risers front right.jpg
    risers front right.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 11
  • risers rear left.jpg
    risers rear left.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 13
  • risers rear right.jpg
    risers rear right.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 13

Xyphota

Ultra Member
Those look very nice! From the pictures it looks like the surface finish matches your other parts perfecty, almost like its OEM.