Haas 4th Axis Rotary Table - $11,200 (Burnaby)

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
00303_hOT8ZphBYIO_0Ni0Ni_600x450.jpg

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
If you need one, and have the work for it you can repay that back quick. On the other hand, he's asking about 2x what it's actually likely to fetch. IMO of course.

You can always start high.....

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
-but doesn't the software to run it cost a lot more? @Janger ??
The haas option to connect the 4th axis is a few grand. The cheapest 4th axis is something $12K from haas. Shipping... The 4th axis option in fusion is a few grand a year. All of that is in USD of course. Installation by the local haas factory outlet? You still would probably want a chuck (3 jaw? 4 jaw?), a tailstock, I think you would need a budget of $25K CAD to get going with 4th axis new from HAAS. This used one is pricey and you still need the haas 4th axis connection (and the license key) - would the one they sell now work with this 4th axis? It's 24 years old! I have no idea. You could maybe setup a 3 and half axis with a RT & chuck and manually spin to reveal new sides of the part. Or maybe bore holes on a angle. My suggestion of a manual ghetto RT 3 & 1/2 axis would not support fancy true 4th axis milling.

Last edited:

Tom O

Ultra Member
This is the one I have for the Haas I believe it was $10,000 with tailstock and extra for the drivers and program but as Janger said the pi** off is what fusion charges for the access to the cad program although I hear it can be purchased monthly, I also have a version of Bobcad that I believe can make it functIonal but I’d have to check.

Attachments

• IMAG1026.jpeg
    IMAG1026.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 8

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
It's been a very long time since I've had a seat of cad with a multi axis license (mastercam v9 for 5axis). I program our 4th by cutting and splicing programs together in notetab. Not that bad for positional production work, but absolutely the way to go when you'd rather trip over dollars trying to save dimes.......