Grizzly horizontal bandsaw $50 Victoria

Jswain

Joe
Yup, snooze, you lose.... I have been saying for years, if you want a good deal, you stop what you are doing and go get it before it's gone.... The lawn mower won't mind, the misses? Well, that is your problem....:p
Every one of my "too good to be true" deals has been pretty much luck that I opened Kijiji within a few minutes of them posting.

The only ones I have successfully got were the ones where I didn't even think about it just messaged them asking for the address and saying I can be there anytime that works for them.

The few that I missed I thought about it, sometimes even just for 10 minutes, googling info. Then I would message them and within 15 minutes of posting someone else was already on the way.

Worst case you show up and decide it's a piece of junk you don't want or whatever. Obviously has to be reasonably close to you, but sometimes you just have to jump in the truck and take that chance

Every one of my "too good to be true" deals has been pretty much luck that I opened Kijiji within a few minutes of them posting.

The only ones I have successfully got were the ones where I didn't even think about it just messaged them asking for the address and saying I can be there anytime that works for them.

The few that I missed I thought about it, sometimes even just for 10 minutes, googling info. Then I would message them and within 15 minutes of posting someone else was already on the way.

Worst case you show up and decide it's a piece of junk you don't want or whatever. Obviously has to be reasonably close to you, but sometimes you just have to jump in the truck and take that chance
...... and if it is a little bit too far away, it's a great time to take the wife out for lunch somewhere new...... It allows certain boundaries to be stretched a little.......:rolleyes:

Upnorth

I also lived in Port Hardy for a few years. Great place if you like the outdoors which I do.

I have noticed it's the same in Nova Scotia if you see a good deal on certain things you better move fast. I was looking for a tractor and saw one going cheap. It had caught fire and was listed as being sold for parts or scrap. I told the guy I was on my way it was about a 2 hour drive. Luckily for me he was an old guy and my word that I would be immediately on my way was good enough. He said dozens of people had called after me. He held it but did say he was offered $300 over what he was asking. I paid the extra $300. Once the cowls came off the damage was not as bad as I thought it might be. All the rubber and instruments were destroyed. Radiator and fuel tank caps melted off, Wiring destroyed. With a few parts and some paint it was running. I still have it.

Machine tools where I live seem to sit for a while.

Upnorth

Yup I'll differ too. There's usually a dammed boat ride involved.
Luckily when I lived in Port Hardy I worked for an airline so a flight to Vancouver was only $5. I only went once because I always found lots to do in Part Hardy. If you are going to live there it really helps if you like fishing.