• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Greetings from the West Coast.

JReimer

Hi - Just found this thread - welcome from Chilliwack. if you need help moving stuff or storing in my shop :) let me know. I am very new to this machining world and having fun collecting equipment and starting projects as well as braking endmills. Love to see other guys shops and see what they are up to and willing to help loan some muscles on a weekend. Personally looking forward to retirement but that is still a long slog away.

Towforce

Well after some serious reflection... plenty of beer... I have come to the conclusion and the truth... I will never get to restoring my old Elliot Milling machine.

The task of removing it from my basement is done and I will be posting it up for sale (Reminder, this machine has had all of its electrical removed). In a perfect world I believe it is a very worthy project but I accept, life is short and I have to move on. No decision on my old China lathe tho... other than its size, I do enjoy having it around!

20230909_113553.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement to keep these machines but its time to move on....

Cheers

Martin

Bandit

Super User
Welcome from south of Calgary, yes it is hard to let things go sometimes, but it can be much harder to replace them once gone! Bin there done that, a number of times. A move always makes for difficult decisions. I moved after nearly 50 years on the same property, some days it still hurts.
Interesting name,"Towforce", perhaps you have been on the tugs?

Towforce

Welcome from south of Calgary, yes it is hard to let things go sometimes, but it can be much harder to replace them once gone! Bin there done that, a number of times. A move always makes for difficult decisions. I moved after nearly 50 years on the same property, some days it still hurts.
Interesting name,"Towforce", perhaps you have been on the tugs?

Cheers

Martin

Towforce

To make the connection between the video and the name Towforce.... and this machinist forum..I used my lathe and welder to build this system that I tow my hang gliders with ...

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
So.. You give your buddy a sixpack while you take care of the 26er and then yell "Send it"???
Dude...go climb a mountain "Tom Kitta"