• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Greetings from Hamilton/Cambridge area Ontario

Hello all, been building welding and fabricating for most my life. Always wanted to get into machining and damn Abom79 and CEE on YouTube have been pushing me.
So I looked and few weeks back found a millwright who was moving and bought his rebuild Bridgeport and lathe, the lathe was actually made 10 minutes from my house in Galt. ( needs motor)

I’m looking forward to upping my makings and having fun and learning all the many tricks of the trade.

glad to have this Canadian resource when it comes to sourcing things in country. Like way oil lol. And figuring out a couple of odd things with my Bridgeport I haven’t got into yet.

Fingers284 from Canadian Gun Nutz sent me over here.

Dave

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the group, lots of great information on here and lots of great ideas opinions and inspiration to get out and enjoy our machines and be creative. I hope you enjoy your new lathe and mill.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome from Vancouver Island. this ids a great bunch of guys that I have found very helpful - and patient!

Tom

Oldarm

John
Hello all, been building welding and fabricating for most my life. Always wanted to get into machining and damn Abom79 and CEE on YouTube have been pushing me.
So I looked and few weeks back found a millwright who was moving and bought his rebuild Bridgeport and lathe, the lathe was actually made 10 minutes from my house in Galt. ( needs motor)

I’m looking forward to upping my makings and having fun and learning all the many tricks of the trade.

glad to have this Canadian resource when it comes to sourcing things in country. Like way oil lol. And figuring out a couple of odd things with my Bridgeport I haven’t got into yet.

Fingers284 from Canadian Gun Nutz sent me over here.

Dave
Welcome Dave, from a scorching Brampton. Some really nice folk to be found here. Most seem to have been around the block once or twice so no shortage of help if needed.
John