• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Greenlee 1399 bandsaw

Jswain

Joe
Finally found a reason to upgrade my 4x6 bandsaw. This popped up on Kijiji and I luckily responded within 2 minutes. Met a real cool metal worker & had a good chat, he was nice enough to show me around his shop & car collection. Loaded me up with this beauty, and I was on my way.

The price was definitely right...FREE

Got it home and put a new blade on it, he gave me 6 brand new with it, plugged it in and everything works like it should.

Just need to make a cover for the coolant reservoir & maybe the upper blade cover as it was plastic and broken, might just run it without.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240622_121331.jpg
    Screenshot_20240622_121331.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 26
@Jswain said, maybe the upper blade cover as it was plastic and broken, might just run it without.

For what it's worth and safety reasons do the right thing and make NO MAYBE's about it.

Just do it Joe!

@Jswain said, maybe the upper blade cover as it was plastic and broken, might just run it without.

For what it's worth and safety reasons do the right thing and make NO MAYBE's about it.

Just do it Joe!
I most likely will as I wouldn't mind making the reservoir cover from sheet metal as well.

Gives me a reason to use my tools, to fix other tools :rolleyes:

View attachment 48931

Make that - YOU REALLY SUCK!
I almost didn't reply, as I figured either:
Scam, or
One of those free, but make an offer posts.

But I figured at only being up for ~ 2 minutes why not. He replies, sure come get it today, I'm getting bombarded with replies.

The whole time I was there(probably close to 2 hours) his phone was nonstop going off with Kijiji replies. Super friendly guy.

Seems to be in good shape, down pressure as far as I could measure was ~10lbs, which is what the manual calls for, almost silent on the slowest blade speed, cuts tubing/angle very fast and pretty dang square for not adjusting anything.

Coolant pump works good, and I believe it's just hydraulic oil, or an oil based coolant. Might leave it, or may switch to a water soluble.

Will definitely add some length to the power cord as I hate using extension cords if I don't have to.

Work in progress, like usual

Back