Great starter lathe lol. $250.00

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
But If you're deep in the outback, and the starter motor on your ute is pooched, and you need to turn the commutator to get back home.........this thing is just the ticket.

(It IS an armature lathe isn't it?)

Last edited:

trevj

Ultra Member
I have a few feet of shelf space of old Model Engineer magazines, some as old as the late 1800's.

The magazines were rife with similar machines, and it certainly is not hard to understand the excitement that the Myford ML and Super 7 series lathes would have stirred up for those that could afford them!

I think everyone should get to know some of those old lathes, if only to see how really really good they have it compared to what was available at times in the past!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I think everyone should get to know some of those old lathes, if only to see how really really good they have it compared to what was available at times in the past!

I agree in many ways. My first lathe was an old girl born in mid 1880's. She was crude but a great teacher .. She taught me things a modern lathe would not have been able to. As you say, I can really appreciate what the differences are today.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
ok for this, but not a printer ???

Ya, one is cute, and the other is a big box of ugliness.

We have a beautiful antique sewing machine in the living room now. This cute little baby would fit right beside it. His and hers from the past.

Printer belongs in the barn.