• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Granite straight edge sources?

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Does anyone have actual experience ordering a granite straight edge from anywhere that ships to Canada and wont cost me the family jewels?

Ideally I need to fully span 42" so I guess I need to order a 1.5m edge.

Yes, I need the precision of a granite straight edge... I need to assure 24" guide rails are level within 20 microns or so.

If you find one, please share! I tried to purchase from Stawndridge, and the *required* and export customs clearing outfit. If one exists, I couldn't find one that would process the paperwork. Thus the order fell through.

The only sources that come to mind will cost you more than a lathe. sorry.

If you find one, please share! I tried to purchase from Stawndridge, and the *required* and export customs clearing outfit. If one exists, I couldn't find one that would process the paperwork. Thus the order fell through.

The only sources that come to mind will cost you more than a lathe. sorry.

For the cost of a starrett I think I could buy a grinding machine and make my own straight edges from muskoka granite. I can buy flat sawn granite 3" x 6" x 48" for $120

Back