Good day from Stittsville, ON

Gordie

Hi all

Glad to have found your site. I came across it looking for views and news on a Craftex 13x24 for sale in Ottawa. I was a machinist at International Harvester about 1979 to '83. Kept all my measuring tools and want to apply them again. Planning to make tools. Looks to be a wealth of knowledge here.

Best Regards, Don

trlvn

Ultra Member
Welcome from Oakville. Any particular kinds of tools that you're planning to make?

Do you mean that you've already purchased a lathe? Anything else?

Craig

Gordie

Hi Craig.

Thank you. Woodworking hand tools are likely to be my focus, jigs and fixtures. I have a well-equipped Taig metal lathe and do some brass work, i.e. Ferrules on my old Delta (with cross-slide and lantern post). I am be looking for shop space (in Ottawa) to add a 10-12" lathe, milling machine and surface grinder. I like old iron - most of my tools are older that I am, but I am not decided on what to look for in metal-working tools. Some old iron will run forever and some you should run from.
Cheers, Don

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from farmland south of Chatham Ontario.

My observation is that most of the members spend most of their time making tools for their tools.

It's amazing what they can all do.

You will fit right in.

Welcome to our kind!

darrin1200

Darrin
Welcome from a little south, down by Brockville.
I have a little Taig lathe as well, but will likely be putting it up for sale. I bought it for the wrong reason, and will get way more use/success with a mini mill.