• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Gold-plated RF-30 discovered in Ontario!?!?

trlvn

Ultra Member
Must be gold in there somewhere as the current high bid is $2,050 with about a day left! 3 bidders have gone $1,800 or more.

img.axd

https://hibid.com/lot/90074157/craftex-b1977-drill-press-with-table

Comes with a keyless chuck and decent-looking vise (5 inch?). NO DRO, no powerfeed, no other accessories or tooling. Even the table that it is mounted to seems a bit light-weight.

Manufactured in 2008 according to the tag so not that old. But old enough that the way cover is destroyed.

Apparently the value of my RF-30 (same model, same year) is worth a LOT more than I thought. Do you think that my wife will believe me that investing in metal-working machines will earn a better return than a hot stock market? ;)

Craig

I can even see the sheen of gold on the column, quill and lowering mechanism, and even a bit on the table. I like it a lot better the the shiny silver they usually come with. ;o)

I've seen people at auction pay more than new for things you can still buy new. Go figure.

It seems like some people bid on things with no idea what a new one is worth.

You've got that right John, something is haywire with their thought process. Here we go again supply and demand or dumb and dumber.

Why does motley fool come to mind!

Last edited:
Yesterday, it was two guys (assume they are guys) slugging it out. But it was a new bidder that swooped in and dropped the $2,900 bid* last night. 3-way d*ck-swinging contest?

Craig
*At least $2,900. His max bid could still be higher!!

Yesterday, it was two guys (assume they are guys) slugging it out. But it was a new bidder that swooped in and dropped the $2,900 bid* last night. 3-way d*ck-swinging contest?

Craig
*At least $2,900. His max bid could still be higher!!

Got ya sucker, my pockets are deeper than yours!

Once he gets it home and cleans off the pixie rust dust it will turn into a full blown Bridgeport......

Back