• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

give this copywriter an award

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I grew up eating fried eggs and spam. I dont despise it, but I'd rather eat something else instead.
I have memories from my childhood when once in a blue moon an older sibling would fry up some spam and we make a sandwich with that and cheese and I thought it was delicious. I've tried to recreate that memory a couple times in the last 30 years and it has not been the same. Recently I tried feeding it to my kids and they thought it was pretty gross. I'm sure they grind up more hair and hide in it than they used to cuz that is what it smells and tastes like now.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Just as an aside, pre-covid when I used to visit heritage pork producers to buy pasture raised pork bellies, and butt roasts for making bacon and capicola, I'd ask them for small cut off portions they'd usually grind for sausages, and I'd add that to my own trimmings to make my own canned ham and spam substitutes. Way better when you're in control of the salt, nitrates, and seasonings.