• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Garage machine shop for sale, $40k, Calgary, AB

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Not to defend this guy as I believe the ad is quite funny as well, but ignoring lowballers simply saves your time.

If I'm selling something for $500 and you offer $250 or less you simply get a no thank you, no further contact from me will be made, and 0 attempts at negotiating. Why? Because from there it has never turned into a deal being made, so why would I waste my time?

Nothing worse then a guy who expects you to answer 100 question, 1 question at a time, to lowball you in the end so far away from your price that there is 0 chance of a deal.
agreed, but it’s not necessary to post a warning in the ad. Just quietly ignore or block the buyer.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
i wish our education system would spend some time on basic commercial skills. Your craigslist ad will work better if you spell the product name correctly. Insulting potential buyers with “lowball offers will be ignored” reduces your chances of sale. Blurry photos lower what buyers offer, since it implies you didn’t take care of the item for sale. Spend ten minutes looking up the resale value of your items before you post. etc, etc, etc.
I refuse to even consider a product where the seller says "low ballers ignored" because it's mostly synonymous with grossly inflated price expectation

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Not to defend this guy as I believe the ad is quite funny as well, but ignoring lowballers simply saves your time.

If I'm selling something for $500 and you offer $250 or less you simply get a no thank you, no further contact from me will be made, and 0 attempts at negotiating. Why? Because from there it has never turned into a deal being made, so why would I waste my time?

Nothing worse then a guy who expects you to answer 100 question, 1 question at a time, to lowball you in the end so far away from your price that there is 0 chance of a deal.
you can save your time and be polite by writing good ad copy...