Fusion price increase

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
It was only a matter of time. IMO Fusion was a genius play by autodesk to steal market share, lock people in to their system, and then step on their necks......Never mind all the free r&d, free advertising and training programs that spawned from the youtube maker movement too.

I've been saying it for years, it was only a matter of time before they started reeling in the line.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Yes, but for 3 years. ($50 per year). Not a bad deal if it's a full license. I'd pay that in a heart beat if I knew how to use what I have!
I am considering this, even though they are revoking my existing agreement. Reason being is that this is the full blown version. It has ever improving tools that overlap with my other software's. Also full blown 3D machining package is 1900 / year... I still have time to consider this offer....

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Still free to me and does way more than I can ever hope to learn how to use.

No complaints here.

gerritv

Gerrit
It was only a matter of time. IMO Fusion was a genius play by autodesk to steal market share, lock people in to their system, and then step on their necks......Never mind all the free r&d, free advertising and training programs that spawned from the youtube maker movement too.

I've been saying it for years, it was only a matter of time before they started reeling in the line.
Yes, boo on them for not following the "we lose money on every sale but make up for it in volume' approach to staying afloat :)

They didn't steal market share, they earned it by producing a good product at a very reasonable price.
Fusion360 is the best bargain for hobby use, it is free. Including free CAM. And when/if you need some more of the commercial functionality you can get that for a very low price per month (as in do your design, do the 3+ axis CAM, test that out, and stop the monthly payment. You get to keep your CAM output)
When you look at the demands of users in their forums for more and more functionality, plus I am sure from their commercial users as well, it should come as no surprise that the price will go up. Their R&D is not free, in fact their costs will go up and up as the complexitiy increases.