• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

FRV30-210?

SSPhoto

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum, and fairly new to machining. I picked up a KC20VS2 mill/drill and King 7x12 lathe for a good deal to get started a couple years ago. I've since upgraded to a 12x36 lathe (which is a joy to use) and am looking to upgrade the mill. Originally I was set on a knee mill, but the cost is a little prohibitive and size wise I can only fit a smaller knee mill in my shop. The KC20VS-2 is a decent little mill, but I'm finding it lacks the power and stiffness to take larger cuts which makes some jobs rather slow and tedious when I need to remove lots of material. An FRV30-210 mill/drill just popped up for sale not too far away for an ok price and I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on it? From what I can gather it's an RF45 clone but fitted with a 2hp motor. It has power feed on the x axis, a coolant system and power up/down on the head. It comes with some tooling and I already have an ok selection of R8 stuff. I'm wondering if this larger bench top mill might be the trick? Anyone have any insight into the FRV30-210 vs a King KC20VS2? Thanks,

Steve

This may be helpful.

From what I know of the machines they are quite capable. Not 3000lb, knee mill capable but likely more rigid than your current machine.

Back