• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

From the outskirts of Gatineau

TimDubois

Hello everyone,

Just stumbled across this forum and you all seem like a good group of guys/gals. I am a Materials Technician in the army and recently posted to the Gatineau area.

We are mostly known as a welding trade but I have my advanced machinist course (should be called basic machinist but I didn't name the course) and almost a year working full time at one of our R&D machine shops.

I have my own welding equipment but I've yet to get myself set up for machining. Hopefully that will change soon. Looking to get a lathe in the 10x22 size range for now and we will see where I go from there.

deleted_user

Super User
Hello everyone,

Just stumbled across this forum and you all seem like a good group of guys/gals. I am a Materials Technician in the army and recently posted to the Gatineau area.

We are mostly known as a welding trade but I have my advanced machinist course (should be called basic machinist but I didn't name the course) and almost a year working full time at one of our R&D machine shops.

I have my own welding equipment but I've yet to get myself set up for machining. Hopefully that will change soon. Looking to get a lathe in the 10x22 size range for now and we will see where I go from there.
welcome from Toronto.