• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Free treadmill - Cobourg

JReimer

a good source of motor and speed controller. Always lots free or really cheap for those. I always keep my eyes open for the commercial ones as they often have a 3hp motor instead of a 1hp motor. My first project is to make a belt sander with one like a 1x42 sorta thing

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
so any inspiring projects you have made with them?
I had one on an antique wood lathe, but ended up giving the lathe away and getting a general variable speed lathe. I haven't used one for anything else yet since I found larger VFDs and 3 phase motors to be the better option.

I still keep them in case a project comes to mind like a big tumbler for polishing parts