Free Lathes in Nelson BC

Details from posting;

Three Lathes and a Vertical Band Saw available for free. Pick up in Nelson at Silver King Campus.
If interested, please Call (250) 354-3212 first to arrange a time for pickup. Items are as is and where is
Lathe Colchestter No.6 10010 121676
Lathe Colchestter 430X 110 01198
Lathe Sharp 17 AA serial 01198
Vertical Band-saw Petzing UFS 10R No. 27048

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
bc32d33d-7bce-4001-abec-64e6fed1ea2e

bcf87a7f-bc59-463a-bf25-a860ca8997d8

ed4fe65b-feaf-4f78-98fc-8229be4ee7e3

6c221d5a-c750-4fbb-9e7b-e168ba064263

trevj

Ultra Member
One of those free till you call ads I would think
Very likely that they were going to be on the hook for removal costs, without ready access to any other disposal route. Easy way to dispose at no cost, and no having to account for money taken in.

I spent a weekend hauling machine tools (two lathes, a shaper, a sheet metal shear and assorted other stuff) out of a school on just those terms.

Ironman

Ultra Member
2 free lathes, were working fine when last plugged in...:p

Ahhh, yes. Good old exothermic reaction, wonder who dropped a tank or dragged a 7018 across it?
That would explain the free lathes. An Insurance claim.
Local school here had a flood, water damage to the band music room. SIL was sent in to smash all drums and wind instruments to add to the claim...now they sit on my farm with his collection of brass scrap.

Six O Two

(Marco)
I was a being a bit cheeky with my post, I doubt it's an insurance claim. Judging from the foliage in the pictures, these machines were put to pasture long before the explosions happened.

I'm truly amazed that no one was seriously hurt when those tanks blew. I'm a little ways away from that campus, and when the first one went, the shockwave was impressive. We used to have a trampoline and in winter, we'd lean it up against the house. I'd thought it'd fallen onto the house somehow, until I remembered that'd sold it last summer...

mickeyf

SIL was sent in to smash all drums and wind instruments to add to the claim...now they sit on my farm with his collection of brass scrap.

Ouch. As a musician and amateur repair person, this hurts. My pile of instruments to repair includes a trombone which needs a new slide. Finding and adapting a usable replacement would be a lot easier than making one from scratch.