• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

For Sale- Vintage 10" T. Eaton Edgerite metal lathe $1500-Toronto

jdeviney

I am in the process of selling my mother's house. Dad was a tool and diemaker, so there is a workshop with a Vintage T. Eaton Edgerite 10" swing metal lathe with a 43" bed that is in pristine condition. He passed away in 2014, so it hasn't been used in a number of years. They moved into the house in 1957, so I suspect he bought it in the early '60s. He worked for Moffat's Appliances in Weston for many years in the tool room. It doesn't have any model number stamped on it, but the serial number 7505 is stamped into the right end of the bed, which is the number system Montgomery Ward used. The 2130 series bench lathes look identical. There is a set of 11 gears and a couple of different chucks and many different cutters. I would like to find it a new home. T.Eaton Edgerite 10 inch metal lathe.jpg

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I realize it's been a few years but condolences on the loss of your dad.

IIRC Montgomery Ward was made by Logan and this would be a model W2130 and this one could even have the original dauber.

Is the bench and grinder included in the sale?

Are you sure you wouldn't want to learn to use the machine and join our club?

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I am in the process of selling my mother's house. Dad was a tool and diemaker, so there is a workshop with a Vintage T. Eaton Edgerite 10" swing metal lathe with a 43" bed that is in pristine condition. He passed away in 2014, so it hasn't been used in a number of years. They moved into the house in 1957, so I suspect he bought it in the early '60s. He worked for Moffat's Appliances in Weston for many years in the tool room. It doesn't have any model number stamped on it, but the serial number 7505 is stamped into the right end of the bed, which is the number system Montgomery Ward used. The 2130 series bench lathes look identical. There is a set of 11 gears and a couple of different chucks and many different cutters. I would like to find it a new home. View attachment 34386
I absolutely love this, since I've never seen an Eaton's metal lathe come up for sale anywhere. This is a piece of Toronto history.

Anything else coming up for sale?

I agree with Mike, you should keep this and learn to use it. If you need a machinist mentor my brother would gladly volunteer, come to our shop in Pickering any time.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I realize it's been a few years but condolences on the loss of your dad.

IIRC Montgomery Ward was made by Logan and this would be a model W2130 and this one could even have the original dauber.

Is the bench and grinder included in the sale?

Are you sure you wouldn't want to learn to use the machine and join our club?

I tried for a year to get a local fellow to sell me his dad's logan 820 that he had sitting for years in a mostly unoccupied shop slowly rusting away. It has the ugliest green paint job and I wanted to restore it.

This Eaton's model doesn't even need restoration. Just an ELS

1683774758060.jpeg

Tom1277

Brand New Member
I am in the process of selling my mother's house. Dad was a tool and diemaker, so there is a workshop with a Vintage T. Eaton Edgerite 10" swing metal lathe with a 43" bed that is in pristine condition. He passed away in 2014, so it hasn't been used in a number of years. They moved into the house in 1957, so I suspect he bought it in the early '60s. He worked for Moffat's Appliances in Weston for many years in the tool room. It doesn't have any model number stamped on it, but the serial number 7505 is stamped into the right end of the bed, which is the number system Montgomery Ward used. The 2130 series bench lathes look identical. There is a set of 11 gears and a couple of different chucks and many different cutters. I would like to find it a new home. View attachment 34386
Hello, is this lathe still available if so I’d be interested in seeing it. Kindly let me know. Thanks