• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Fire extinguishers - Regal auctions calgary

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
Did anyone else notice there are about 10 listings for charged extinguishers, and other than the listing i have a bid on none of them have any bids

Calgary guys that don't have a few....probably a good opportunity to pick up some for cheap....garage....house....whatever...cheaper than an insurance claim

regal.jpg

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Remember to check the certification and inspection dates on them.
We need to have ours checked every year to maintain the insurance discount for having them.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Remember to check the certification and inspection dates on them.
We need to have ours checked every year to maintain the insurance discount for having them.

Never considered that I might get an insurance discount for having a few extinguishers laying around..... I will be checking on this......

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
ive never thought there may be a discount for this either, i would have thought this was only applicable to commercial property's

getting an extinguisher charged and or inspected is cheap, very cheap, a recharge is 35$ and i don't remember what an inspection was, but it was even cheaper

better to have an out of date (but still charged) extinguisher, than none at all

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
ive never thought there may be a discount for this either, i would have thought this was only applicable to commercial property's

getting an extinguisher charged and or inspected is cheap, very cheap, a recharge is 35$ and i don't remember what an inspection was, but it was even cheaper

better to have an out of date (but still charged) extinguisher, than none at all
We are a commercial property and have 15 or 16 twenty pound extinguishers. I think it cost about 20 bucks per for a yearly inspection.
As long as it works when you need it, absolutely.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Most "inspections" consist of nothing more than a look at the gauge to ensure it's fully charged, then, if it's a dry chemical extinguisher, it's turned upside down & nailed on the bottom a coupla times w/ a rubber mallet to break up the settling of the powdered chemical. Easily something you can do at home.

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
We are a commercial property and have 15 or 16 twenty pound extinguishers. I think it cost about 20 bucks per for a yearly inspection.

like i said, cheap, a new 20lb, depending where you buy it, is north of 200$, even a 10lb is over 100$,

so even if it a lot cost you 120$ for 7, and they were all out of date, and you wanted to have them inspected, at 20 a pop (i believe i was quoted less than 15$ assuming i brought it in), you are at 260$ for 7 extinguishers vs 700$+tax for new (can tire, cheapest 10lb's).....and Canadian tire extinguishers don't have an inspection tag....

most of the guys here do not own commercial property's, meaning having an inspected extinguisher means nothing, so long as its charged and in good condition that is all you need

inspections are like lift tickets, insurance money grab, they look at the gauge, look to see if its damaged, and if it all looks good, sign the tag and thats your "professional inspection"