Finally, a decent forge!

KeeponDragon

Super User
My forge-brother and I have been somewhat complacent (he moved, I stopped GAF ) with our setup.
We made a halfarsed attempt at building a large volume unit.
It worked sort of, but we didn't have it dialed in.
Then he moved to the next town 30 mins away.
So after 7 months, I got my ass in gear and hit the usual places.
Lucked out with this guy here. Not only did he sell me this @ $225, he donated to us, his personal Frankenstein forge. Apparently it's quite the beast.
For his gracious offer, I refused to keep it. Instead, I will use it and maintain it.
Should his situation change, and he can put it to use, I'll gladly hand it back to him.
A fabricator friend of mine was doing some re-inspect work in the same general area, so he went and picked everything up.
Another BFAM, plans on attending the Abby airshow. He's offered to bring the haul back for me.
Karma doesn't cost anyone but time, thought and effort.
These two bro's know I'll be there for them when they need me.
Now I'll be able to properly make all the garden decor the better 3/4's ordered from me.

1000005027.jpg

My forge-brother and I have been somewhat complacent (he moved, I stopped GAF ) with our setup.
We made a halfarsed attempt at building a large volume unit.
It worked sort of, but we didn't have it dialed in.
Then he moved to the next town 30 mins away.
So after 7 months, I got my ass in gear and hit the usual places.
Lucked out with this guy here. Not only did he sell me this @ $225, he donated to us, his personal Frankenstein forge. Apparently it's quite the beast.
For his gracious offer, I refused to keep it. Instead, I will use it and maintain it.
Should his situation change, and he can put it to use, I'll gladly hand it back to him.
A fabricator friend of mine was doing some re-inspect work in the same general area, so he went and picked everything up.
Another BFAM, plans on attending the Abby airshow. He's offered to bring the haul back for me.
Karma doesn't cost anyone but time, thought and effort.
These two bro's know I'll be there for them when they need me.
Now I'll be able to properly make all the garden decor the better 3/4's ordered from me.

View attachment 36751
Sweet, looks like the hammer arm is about to get a little leaner and meaner....:cool:

KeeponDragon

Super User
well, I'm hoping at the least to get some more time in swinging a hammer.
I do have to go next door to the neighbors, and ask nicely what times would be more suited to my craft.
Smithing is dirty, loud work. Mostly loud. So being courteous BEFORE having the bylaw folks come over might be to my advantage

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
well, I'm hoping at the least to get some more time in swinging a hammer.
I do have to go next door to the neighbors, and ask nicely what times would be more suited to my craft.
Smithing is dirty, loud work. Mostly loud. So being courteous BEFORE having the bylaw folks come over might be to my advantage
When I lived in KW I acquired a little pneumatic hammer. It took about 30 minutes for my neighbor to be standing in the doorway asking what the hell was I doing to knock the pictures off his wall. Turns out my garage slab was rigidly connected to the boulder that his foundation was tied to.
So that was no fun.