• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Estate Sale

346009487_9259256847448962_8566320878033187836_n.jpg

345243415_6128070817270268_7623896490186615104_n.jpg

344071080_6528231510555250_13297039682570850_n.jpg

Is it just me or do the machines look to be in state of disassembly?
Or is it just horizontal surface syndrome?

Is it just me or do the machines look to be in state of disassembly?
Or is it just horizontal surface syndrome?
I'm looking at these in detail.

I'm waiting to hear back on how motivated the seller is. The Gromatic lathe is pretty decent, better than modern chinese.

The hendley shaper looks complete, but it is so hard to tell anything. Moving stuff look nightmarish. Ditto on locating what accessories there are to go with each machine.

I'm betting the boring mill is destined for scrap

There are a few large chucks that look like they may be good.

For me, I just want the drill press and band saw

I exchanged messages with the seller.

He doesn't own the property and I think he bought everything for a song... like next to nothing.

He said you can't insult him with an offer. He isn't selling the drill press I wanted so I've little interest now so I think I'll make low offers on the lathe and surface grinder

I exchanged messages with the seller.

He doesn't own the property and I think he bought everything for a song... like next to nothing.

He said you can't insult him with an offer. He isn't selling the drill press I wanted so I've little interest now so I think I'll make low offers on the lathe and surface grinder
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. good luck.

a little cleaning and organizing and everything there would double in value.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. good luck.

a little cleaning and organizing and everything there would double in value.
Yeah I figured the two items could be cleaned up and flipped without too much effort, and then shown running to potential buyers. But the seller hasn't responded back to my offer yet.

Back