ENCO R8 Boring/Facing Head - Orillia - $450

Rauce

Ultra Member
ENCO Boring/facing head on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-busin...p_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

Anyone looking for an R8 boring/facing head?

I’m buying something else from this seller and driving up this evening. He has a lot of stuff not listed yet on kijiji as well. Sounds like he made model engines. Liquidating all his shop stuff.

If anyone is interested in this or another item he has posted let me know and I can pick up.

Attachments

• E13C98B8-985E-42C8-8F11-6E088B4F8DDC.png
    E13C98B8-985E-42C8-8F11-6E088B4F8DDC.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
That must be some boring head for $450.
Criterion boring heads can be had on eBay for $250.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Yes it’s a boring & Facing head!

Much more expensive, like wohlhaupter, Narex etc.

After boring a hole you can a spot face or similar using the facing function. Or cut an internal groove etc. in the same set up.
I thought there had to be more to it than just a boring head.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
@Rauce has it exactly right. That is a dual mode BH (regular & automatic/extending). They are big bucks new. That is a keeper. R8 makes it even more desirable. Grab it.
Keep us posted on any similar goodies. Model engine guy, must be keener LOL

Rauce

Ultra Member
I have a wohlhaupter already so I didn’t get it.

Nice guy with a lot of stuff. He had two small model V8s that I saw. The lathe was already gone, he said it was a PM 12x28. He has a king PDM 30 that is sold pending pick up. Piles of hand tools, taps and dies. He‘s doing a garage sale tomorrow.

I got a nice brand new 5” 3 jaw chuck. It appears to be an old stock bison from before they branded them as bison. It has a made in Poland stamp with bison style p/n and size markings. Got a vevor toe jack and some small pre-ground hss boring bars too.

The other thing he had that maybe of interest to some was a set-tru style precision matthews er40 lathe chuck (d1-4 mount) with a set of collets, er-40 R8 chuck and a pair of er40 hex/square blocks. He offered that package to me for $400 but I’d already hit my limit on tool purchases for the time being.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Yes it’s a boring & Facing head!

Much more expensive, like wohlhaupter, Narex etc.

After boring a hole you can a spot face or similar using the facing function. Or cut an internal groove etc. in the same set up.
I have the same one, but need to change the mount. It is a good one

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I have a wohlhaupter already so I didn’t get it.

Nice guy with a lot of stuff. He had two small model V8s that I saw. The lathe was already gone, he said it was a PM 12x28. He has a king PDM 30 that is sold pending pick up. Piles of hand tools, taps and dies. He‘s doing a garage sale tomorrow.

I got a nice brand new 5” 3 jaw chuck. It appears to be an old stock bison from before they branded them as bison. It has a made in Poland stamp with bison style p/n and size markings. Got a vevor toe jack and some small pre-ground hss boring bars too.

The other thing he had that maybe of interest to some was a set-tru style precision matthews er40 lathe chuck (d1-4 mount) with a set of collets, er-40 R8 chuck and a pair of er40 hex/square blocks. He offered that package to me for $400 but I’d already hit my limit on tool purchases for the time being.
I'd go for this, but it will be gone before I could get there