• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

CA-SK Emotorsdirect.ca

Saskatchewan
Type
Product

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Had a Delta planer motor let the smoke out and ordered a replacement from Emotorsdirect. Ordered it on a Monday and had it on Thursday morning, which is unholy fast to get from Mississauga to Buttcrack, SK.
Estimate from Stockdale in Regina was at least 1000 bucks. 750 delivered from Emotorsdirect. Got a call from them today asking if everything went well. Customer service still exists.
Who knew?

Bought several from them, Ask for a discount. Always works for me.
Pickup at the depot or if not in stock, have them ship within their warehouses to your depot and the shipping is zero.

gluck

Good to know! I've been up to Bill's Electric, locally (Kipling Ave, Etobicoke, ON), because they're 5km away from work, but it's nice to have a few options. :)

Good to know! I've been up to Bill's Electric, locally (Kipling Ave, Etobicoke, ON), because they're 5km away from work, but it's nice to have a few options. :)

If you order by phone, they will add you to their preferred customer system for 1year which will give you a discount. If you call again in a year, they will extend it another year.

If they don't volunteer that, ask for it.

There is something magical about a big heavy motor arriving in your driveway in a wooden box a day or two after you order it.

If you order by phone, they will add you to their preferred customer system for 1year which will give you a discount. If you call again in a year, they will extend it another year.

If they don't volunteer that, ask for it.

There is something magical about a big heavy motor arriving in your driveway in a wooden box a day or two after you order it.
I registered as a business which gave me a discount as well.
I think that is what prompted the call from the rep asking how the service was. He was a little disappointed when he asked how many motors I buy annually and I said this may be the last one before I die, lol.
I thought 46 bucks shipping was pretty good for a nearly 50 lb motor and to get here in 3 days was spectacular.
The free shipping on the 132 lb anvil a while ago was better but may have been a bit of a unicorn.:D

In the Kitchener-Cambridge area of Ontario . . .

Dynamo Motors - Trilium Park Kitchener, off Homer Watson Blvd.
Voya is a great person to work with on small or large motors.

Trade-Mark Motor Shop - Will rewind and repair any motor.
Go to the ‘old’ ATS building on Royal Oak Drive, Cambridge.

I feel that is high, unless you are determined to have a brand new motor. They literally give them away out west. I have been given 2 - 5hp motors and a customer has a 40hp 460 volt 3ph sitting on my pad he wants to get $400 for.
On Fecebook Marketplace
2 hp 230/440 3 phase $400
Depends where you live. Small to medium 3-phase motors are rare as hen’s teeth on the island. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen a used one for sale.
$113 for a brand new motor is actually an excellent price. If I could find one today for that price I’d have ordered it for my lathe.

Depends where you live. Small to medium 3-phase motors are rare as hen’s teeth on the island. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen a used one for sale.
$113 for a brand new motor is actually an excellent price. If I could find one today for that price I’d have ordered it for my lathe.
$700 seems really steep. The irony is my new motor came from Lenmark Industries a puddle jump from Victoria and they have plenty of used for about $100. IIRC shipping was only $30 to Ottawa. I have purchased numerous used motors mostly on eBay and they are all running flawlessly for years now with VFDs. I see Lenmark has multiple 1HP Baldor for $50 right now.

Last edited:
$700 seems really steep. The irony is my new motor came from Lenmark Industries a puddle jump from Victoria and they have plenty of used for about $100. IIRC shipping was only $30 to Ottawa. I have purchased numerous used motors mostly on eBay and they are all running flawlessly for years now with VFDs. I see Lenmark has multiple 1HP Baldor for $50 right now.

Where did you see $700?

The problem is that that “quick puddle jump” is $230 additional cost and minimum of four hours of time not including travel time on the mainland side.

Pretty much the only time I leave the island is if I’m travelling by motorcycle as the fare is a lot less and I don’t have to arrive 45 minutes early.

Last edited:
Where did you see $700?

The problem is that that “quick puddle jump” is $230 additional cost and minimum of four hours of time not including travel time on the mainland side.

Pretty much the only time I leave the island is if I’m travelling by motorcycle as the fare is a lot less and I don’t have to arrive 45 minutes early.
Original post stated $750 delivered.

Agreed in my case driving from Ottawa would obviously have scudldled the deal. I don't recall what shipping service Lanmark used but I do recall it was really affordable and the motor was well packed (see images above). It was NOT next day closer to 3-4, so if you absolutely need to get it the next day Emotorsdirect sounds like they offer great service, in my case waiting a few days was worth the $750 vs. $150 delivered price.

The other point is Lanmark seems to have a large selection of reasonably priced used but viable motors, so if someone is looking for one it might be worth a quick search on their website. I have no affiliation with them just a one time good purchase/packing/shipping experience. YMMV.

Last edited:
Back