• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

eBay CNC 3axis kit

Johnwa

Ultra Member
If you know what you need you could probably do better but it's not a bad price if shipping is indeed free.
I picked up the same steppers for $25US each when I was in Phoenix. You could get a power supply for $40C from China, add in the driver board and you're likely in th$150C range. But then you have to fit it all together.

Jyman

Hey johnwa,

Thank you for your input, I personally don't know what I need as this is my first CNC build. Is there anything else I should be looking at to go with that kit?

You said you bought the same steppers, how big of machine do you have? Would that kit be stong enough for my milling machine (grizzly g0704 mill, basically the same as a cx601 from busy bee) to convert it?

Johnwa

Ultra Member
I am working on an X2 minimill so it is quite a bit smaller than yours. There are lots of conversions on the web but not a lot of info on stepper sizes. From what I've seen, if you plan on using ball screws you likely will need larger steppers or use a belt drive reduction. Currently I'm planning on using the existing lead screws so I hope I can drive them directly.
Good luck with your build.

Jyman

Ya I found it really hard to find any infor regarding size of the stepper to the size of the machine. Thank you for providing some insight, good luck with your build also.