YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member

ThirtyOneDriver

Johnathan (John)
Agreed, there are better ones for the money.

The instructions look like they'll have at least parts that are applicable to any install; more specifically the directions to do with installing the scales.

I started my search at "The DRO Pros" and then ended up finding what appears to be the same product on AliExpress - "Ditron" is the brand I have been looking at.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Wow, you guys still buy from BB? Why - buy from aliexpress and save your money. Its same or better stuff for way, way, way less $$$. Same with KMS etc.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
BB claims to be Canadian owne

You are all aware that Busy Bee Tools and Grizzly Tools in the USA are owned by brothers.
Yes I've read that and have also read that they are cousins. Other than having some of the same or very similar merchandise, there does not seems to be much else in common with the two companies. Grizzly seems to have a pretty good customer service reputation, has a pretty good stock/availability of parts and overall has a far superior selection of merchandise.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yes BB is owned by a relative of Grizzly. I think this is more or less common knowledge. At least I knew about it for ... many years. Grizzly is far superior to BB in customer service, selection, etc. Far superior. Like a lot.

My understanding is that they are brothers, BB started as a side business in British Columbia and expanded from there, whether or not its the primary business I don't know. My customer service side has been ok so far, but I deal with the office in Concord when I have issues, forget asking floor staff, ask at the right side office, in person.

Good news is that the products are the same for the most part, we just don't get the selection.