• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Don't do what i did.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
If you haven't welded the gussets up yet make sure you wedge them open before welding, the welding will close the gap as it cools warping things again.
Yup I welded them back up but first inserted a filler piece to make sure they wouldn't pull things back out of whack again. We are thinking on the same wavelength now. It stayed straight as an arrow and am quite impressed how good I got it considering how bad it was.

@Susquatch yes that press is an oldie but well made one. It was made by our local blacksmith shop back when we had blacksmith shops. I'm guessing it must be about 70+ years old. It was in the farm shop as long as I can remember. I learned today that the ram was originally a hydraulic jack for an army tank. I don't know what the actual capacity of it is but I suspect the frame is built for quite a bit beyond the hydraulic capacity. It's completely manual which is nice as you can feel somewhat your force your applying. But I guess the visual pressure gauge accomplishes the same thing.