• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Does Anyone Know Anything About Vacuum Pumps?

Crankit

Not a bad idea. The solution turned out to be a small auto vacuum (wet shop vac), which worked like a charm except it is noisy. I put it in a foam wrapped box which works well, except I question how long it will last as it runs for about an hour at a time. Eventually it will need a more robust model I think. It was more of an experiment; if any of his contraptions extract enough gold, money won't be a problem LOL. In the spring when he goes gold hunting again I'm sure I'll be building more stuff for him. Kind of a cool hobby. Too bad there is so little gold in Alberta; I can totally see myself getting sucked into this for fun.

haha....yup! Slow production days in the sluice box will leave you thinking up ideas to make things better